Is there any better song that captures the end of summer and the regret of giving up one’s summer love? (We’re not talking about Grease here, friends, so, please…) Brian Hyland was a heartthrob who will forever be known for this hit, even though, of course, he had a long career that led him down some interesting stylistic roads. Still, you’re not gonna find any better song in his oeuvre; that’s not a dismissal, it’s simply a question of durability.
- Song Of The Day: Billy Stoner, “Lordy Lordy”
- When The World Calms Down We Will Still Be Here Together: A Conversation With Dishwalla’s Rodney Browning Cravens
- Song Of The Day: Ism, “Life Ain’t No Bowl of Brady Bunch”
- Meet Me In The Bathroom: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City 2001-2011
- Gerry Monroe: Sally, Pride Of Our Alley: The Complete Chapter One Recordings (él Records)