Mark Eitzel is a singer/songwriter who has made a name for himself for writing thought-provoking, moody, emotional, powerful songs, both solo and with his band, American Music Club. Perhaps the finest example of his skills can be found on American Music Club’s “comeback” album, 2004’s Love Songs for Patriots, which was their first release after quietly calling it a day a decade prior. This track is all acoustic guitar, bongos, and twinkling piano, with Eitzel’s voice softly gliding throughout the melody, singing about the past and his image of a perfect setting–a book store.
- Best Of The Recoup: People Used To Dream About The Future: The Story of A Girl Called Eddy
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Child of Winter” (1974)
- Best Of The Recoup: Like A Jewel Curled Around Your Finger: The Story of The American Analog Set’s Know By Heart
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Somewhere Near Japan”
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Kokomo” (1988)