This is easily one of my favorite songs about the transition between the seasons. Bill Janovitz has a keen eye for making a turn of phrase become so much more potent and emotionally powerful. “Fall begins/When the leaves burn/Summer ends” is one of the greatest lines in rock and roll, period.
- Best Of The Recoup: Serious Fun: A Conversation With The Knack’s Berton Averre
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Girl Don’t Tell Me”
- Best Of The Recoup: Frank Black And The Catholics: I Don’t Mind A Little Ear Damage
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Sweet Sunday Kind Of Love”
- Best Of The Recoup: Final Wild Songs: A Conversation With The Long Ryders’ Sid Griffin