British band Delays seemingly came out of nowhere, a heavenly blast of dreamy pop and superb falsetto singing from frontman Greg Gilbert. Faded Seaside Glamour, their debut album, was an impressive, promising album built around Gilbert’s amazing voice, and it seemed that big things were headed their way. Unfortunately that didn’t quite happen, and though still together, subsequent records have merely sustained the qualities of that first record, instead of improving upon them. Still, the album’s main single, “Long Time Coming,” was a deserved hit, and even saw some chart play in the US, as well as usage in numerous advertising campaigns.
- Best Of The Recoup: Thirteen Years In Urban Bohemia: A Conversation With The Dandy Warhols’ Courtney Taylor-Taylor
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “I Just Got My Pay”
- Best Of The Recoup: Life Is Far Too Fast: A Conversation With Mike McCartney
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Pet Sounds”
- Best Of The Recoup: Serious Fun: A Conversation With The Knack’s Berton Averre