1983’s Secret Messages found Electric Light Orchestra mastermind Jeff Lynne continuing to modernize his sound; after all, was not the groundwork of synth-pop and New Wave developed in part by Mr. Lynne in the 1970s? Well, that’s a matter of debate; I think so, you may not agree. I like this album cut, because it’s a shining example of Lynne’s ability to throw out some radically different tempo changes and take a song in many directions over its course.
- Meet Me In The Bathroom: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City 2001-2011
- Gerry Monroe: Sally, Pride Of Our Alley: The Complete Chapter One Recordings (él Records)
- Robert Lamm: Time Chill: A Retrospective/Peter Cetera: The Very Best Of
- Charlie Byrd: Sixties Byrd: Charlie Byrd Plays Today’s Great Hits (él Records)
- I Want To Stop Wanting It So Much: A Conversation With Toad The Wet Sprocket’s Glen Phillips