Blur‘s sixth album, 13, was a dark affair. Part breakup record, part experimentation, it wasn’t the fun, happy, clever feel-good Blur record of yore. It’s an excellent album, but the first single, “Tender,” was a bit of a shocker–a seven minute long gospel ballad. Blur did it with aplomb, and it’s a beautiful song, but it sure didn’t seem to be well-received when it came out. A bit of a shocker, truth be told, and beginning the descent of a great band.
- Song Of The Day: Modern Cosmology, “C’est le Vent”
- Song Of The Day: Alannah Myles, “Lover Of Mine”
- Screaming Trees: Dust: Expanded Edition (HNE Recordings)
- Song Of The Day: Billy Stoner, “Lordy Lordy”
- When The World Calms Down We Will Still Be Here Together: A Conversation With Dishwalla’s Rodney Browning Cravens