Though this song was a smash hit in 1975 for Barry Manilow, it earned Bruce a Grammy award. It should also be noted that the song was written as a tribute to Brian, in part to encourage him during his tumultuous dark decade. Bruce’s version appeared on his 1977 solo album Going Public, and is especially poignant, considering the relationship between Bruce and Brian. Bruce had quit the Beach Boys in 1972 out of disgust for the dysfunctional scene and the seeming enablement of Brian’s drug problem. He would, however, return a year after this album was released, and has been a member ever since.
- Meet Me In The Bathroom: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City 2001-2011
- Gerry Monroe: Sally, Pride Of Our Alley: The Complete Chapter One Recordings (él Records)
- Robert Lamm: Time Chill: A Retrospective/Peter Cetera: The Very Best Of
- Charlie Byrd: Sixties Byrd: Charlie Byrd Plays Today’s Great Hits (él Records)
- I Want To Stop Wanting It So Much: A Conversation With Toad The Wet Sprocket’s Glen Phillips