Summer romances, they don’t last. Perhaps the best song to capture the harsh reality of this fact is this classic Beach Boys track, wherein Brian captures the emotional pull of the separation caused by the end of the season, and, in a rare moment of masculine strength, finds the protagonist strong, confident, and aware of what will happen next. “Girl Don’t Tell Me” offers up a self-preserving move that was extremely rare for a Wilson song of that era. Other than that, it’s simply a lovely tune, and one of the finest in a catalog of hundreds of lovely songs.
- Song Of The Day: Modern Cosmology, “C’est le Vent”
- Song Of The Day: Alannah Myles, “Lover Of Mine”
- Screaming Trees: Dust: Expanded Edition (HNE Recordings)
- Song Of The Day: Billy Stoner, “Lordy Lordy”
- When The World Calms Down We Will Still Be Here Together: A Conversation With Dishwalla’s Rodney Browning Cravens