The Survivors was one of Brian Wilson’s first solo outings, and was a collaborative effort between him and friend Bob Norberg. Their sole single, “Pamela Jean,” is a straight-up homage to Dion, as well as a wonderful early take on Phil Spector’s Wall Of Sound. It’s the sound of Brian Wilson’s songwriting and arrangements becoming increasingly complex and intricate.
- Song Of The Day: Billy Stoner, “Lordy Lordy”
- When The World Calms Down We Will Still Be Here Together: A Conversation With Dishwalla’s Rodney Browning Cravens
- Song Of The Day: Ism, “Life Ain’t No Bowl of Brady Bunch”
- Meet Me In The Bathroom: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City 2001-2011
- Gerry Monroe: Sally, Pride Of Our Alley: The Complete Chapter One Recordings (él Records)