The Survivors was one of Brian Wilson’s first solo outings, and was a collaborative effort between him and friend Bob Norberg. Their sole single, “Pamela Jean,” is a straight-up homage to Dion, as well as a wonderful early take on Phil Spector’s Wall Of Sound. It’s the sound of Brian Wilson’s songwriting and arrangements becoming increasingly complex and intricate.
- James: Justhipper: The Complete Sire and Blanco Y Negro Recordings 1986-1988 (Cherry Red)
- Song Of The Day: Exposé, “Tell Me Why”
- Various Artists: Keep It Light: A Panorama Of British Jazz: The Modernists (él Records)
- Bobby Hatfield: The Other Brother: A Solo Anthology 1965-1970 (Ace Records)
- Song Of The Day: Aberdeen, “She Loves To Feel The Sun”