I’ve always been amazed by The Motels‘ two big hits, 1982’s “Only The Lonely” and this track from 1983’s album Little Robbers. They’re very powerful, emotion-evoking songs that lyrically are quite simple and repetitive. It’s not so much in what leader Martha Davis has to say, but it’s the way that she says it. it’s hard to avoid the songs on the radio, because they’re powerful and vivid numbers.
- Best Of The Recoup: Serious Fun: A Conversation With The Knack’s Berton Averre
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Girl Don’t Tell Me”
- Best Of The Recoup: Frank Black And The Catholics: I Don’t Mind A Little Ear Damage
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Sweet Sunday Kind Of Love”
- Best Of The Recoup: Final Wild Songs: A Conversation With The Long Ryders’ Sid Griffin