Michael Nesmith wasted no time kicking off his solo career, and the early 1970s were a rather prolific time for him. “Grand Ennui,” the lead track from his fourth album, Nevada Fighter, was the third record with his backing band, The First National Band, and it was their third album since forming in 1970. It’s a great little surreal country-rock number, very much of its time, and sorta reminiscent of Jerry Reed.
- Best Of The Recoup: Serious Fun: A Conversation With The Knack’s Berton Averre
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Girl Don’t Tell Me”
- Best Of The Recoup: Frank Black And The Catholics: I Don’t Mind A Little Ear Damage
- Song Of The Day: The Beach Boys, “Sweet Sunday Kind Of Love”
- Best Of The Recoup: Final Wild Songs: A Conversation With The Long Ryders’ Sid Griffin