Brian wearing his vocal group influences on his sleeve on this early track; it’s not hard to hear the influence of Dion or The Four Freshmen. It’s not surprising, considering Brian’s love for those types of groups was no secret; check out our recent offering of “Pamela Jean” and “Run-Around Lover” as prime examples of him paying tribute to the style. While you’re at it, you may notice that the peculiar stop-start of the intro sounds not unlike what Brian would attempt with “The Little Girl I Once Knew,” which bears distinctive similarities to “Wendy.” Also, if you’ve got good ears, you’ll discover that someone had a coughing spell whilst the tape was rolling.
- Meet Me In The Bathroom: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City 2001-2011
- Gerry Monroe: Sally, Pride Of Our Alley: The Complete Chapter One Recordings (él Records)
- Robert Lamm: Time Chill: A Retrospective/Peter Cetera: The Very Best Of
- Charlie Byrd: Sixties Byrd: Charlie Byrd Plays Today’s Great Hits (él Records)
- I Want To Stop Wanting It So Much: A Conversation With Toad The Wet Sprocket’s Glen Phillips