One of the nice things about The Polyphonic Spree is their ability to reinterpret and add their own zest of life into the works of others. Their larger-than-life psychedelic choral pop sound is matched only by their over-the-top live performances, led by ringmaster and musical wizard Tim DeLaughter. It’s no surprise, then, that they took part in a tribute to Tim Burton’s A Nightmare Before Christmas, as they seem the only band capable of handling the glam-rock trippiness of “Town Meeting Song.” This is a fun, not-so-little track, and will beg repeat listens to fully digest the complexities of their version.
- Meet Me In The Bathroom: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City 2001-2011
- Gerry Monroe: Sally, Pride Of Our Alley: The Complete Chapter One Recordings (él Records)
- Robert Lamm: Time Chill: A Retrospective/Peter Cetera: The Very Best Of
- Charlie Byrd: Sixties Byrd: Charlie Byrd Plays Today’s Great Hits (él Records)
- I Want To Stop Wanting It So Much: A Conversation With Toad The Wet Sprocket’s Glen Phillips